Breakfast Egg Tacos
Mexican food and eggs are two of my favorite breakfast foods. A combination of the two is even better! I love breakfast burritos, tostadas, frittatas, huevos rancheros and egg tacos! All of these combinations have the flexibility of being vegetarian meal or include a lean meat.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup veggies of your choice such as chopped onions, green peppers and mushrooms
- 2-3 ounces of protein if desired, of your choice of sausage, bacon, tofu, tempeh or seitan if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toppings such as onions, cilantro, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, chopped bell pepper, ect.
- Shredded cheese 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place corn torillas on a cookie sheet and brush both sides with 2 teaspoons of oil and bake for 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet and add vegetables.
- Saute them until they are soft.
- While the veggies are cooking in a small bowl, beat eggs and add salt and pepper.
- Add eggs and lightly scramble.
- Place 1 or 2 tortillas on a plate and add eggs.
- On top of egg and tortillas, add toppings of your choice, salsa and cheese.