Mini Sweet Potato Casserole
Try a mini sweet potato casserole for dessert! I have added coconut and candied ginger for a new twist to an old favorite. This recipe makes a great fall or even Thanksgiving celebration dessert! Makes 4 small ramekins.
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon candy ginger
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chilled Smart or Earth Balance (depending on your preference) or butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Combine the first six ingredients in bowl and stir well.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into 4 small white, ramekins that have been greased.
- For topping, combine brown sugar and margarine in a bowl and cut margarine in with pastry blender under mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in the pecans and coconut and sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.