Use fruit that is in season and adjust the amount of sugar depending on the fruit that you use.
- 7 cups fruit of your choice (apples, pears, peaches, plums, berries or other seasonal fruit)
- 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar (can use less)
- 1/2 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
1/4 c chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoon butter or Smart Balance softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium shallow baking dish, place fruit in it.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour, nuts, and margarine.
- Sprinkle brown sugar
mixture over fruit.
- Bake until fruit bubbly and tender, about 50 minutes.
- Transfer dish to wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm with frozen yogurt if desired.