HeaRoasted Butternut Squash Salad with Pears and Goat Cheese
This is a salad from my new book, Farm Fresh Nutrition: Eating Green and Clean. Supporting Your Local Economy. You can find most of ingredients for it locally during the fall and winter.
- 1 large butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and cut into one inch cubes, or other squash you have on hand
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary from the garden
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 medium pears
- 1-2 tablespoon goat cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon pecans
- 2 pounds arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees as you seed, peel and chop squash into one inch cubes.
- Roast squash tossed with one tablespoon of olive oil for about 30 minutes until it gets soft and begins to caramelize.
- In a small pan add pecans in oven and toast for 5 minutes.
- Take out and let cool. While the squash is roasting, wash arugula well, drain and add to a large shallow bowl.
- Make dressing with balsamic vinegar, mustard, olive oil, chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
- After squash is finished allow to cool slightly and add on top of arugula.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with crumbled goat cheese and toasted pecans.