Southwestern Potato Salad
This recipe uses the best of the season to do its magic. The fresh corn, newly dug tomatoes, fresh picked peppers and little additions bring on an excitement for the taste buds! We grilled our potatoes on the barbeque grill but you can also steam, boil or roast them!
- 4 cups baby potatoes, freshly dug
- 1 ear of corn, that has been taken off the kernel
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Juice from one lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced black olives to garnish
- Slice baby potatoes in halves or quarters. Toss them with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Chop other ingredients for the potato salad.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl with the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Prepare your barbeque grill. Grill the potatoes until lightly browned and soft.
- Add potatoes to large mixing bowl and add all other ingredients except the olives and lightly toss with dressing.
- Place in serving bowl and top with a few sliced olives is desired. You can also have your guests top their salads with some salsa, avocados, a sprinkle of cheese and a small dollop of Greek yogurt!
Makes 8 servings at about 3/4 cup each.