Spinach, Beet and Walnut Salad
One of my favorite ways to eat roasted beets is on top of a spring or fall salad from arugula or spinach. Here is my version of this salad. I hope that you enjoy!
- 3 medium beets, scrubbed well, sliced in half and peeled
- 10 ounces spinach or arugula
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces feta
- Slice beets in 1 inch by 1 inch pieces.
- Toss in olive oil.
- Roast beets in the oven at 425 for about 10 minutes until softened and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Allow to cool. In four salad bowls divide well washed and drained spinach or arugula, add onions, cooled beets, walnuts and feta.
- Drizzle balsamic dressing (recipe below) over the salad.
Makes 4 servings
1 teaspoon honey, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon crushed garlic, 1/2 c olive oil, salt and pepper