Easy and Delicious Strawberry Sherbet
This sherbet should be one of your delicious recipes for desserts. No ice cream maker is needed to make this tasty recipe! Just blend, freeze, serve! It tastes especially delicious in my grandmother’s dessert dishes. Try making with other berries and peaches depending on the seasons! I made from local strawberries in my freezer!
- 2 cups strawberries (The recipe works best with slighly frozen or thawed berries. I used the last of my frozen berries from last year)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt, optional
- Add strawberries to the blender and puree.
- Add sugar, vanilla, pinch of salt and Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Place in a shallow bowl and let freeze until firm.
- Take an ice cream scoop and scoop it up into your favorite dessert bowl. Top with a local, fresh berry! This same recipe would make some great popsicles too. Makes 8 servings, 1/2 cup each.