Work With Me
I help individuals and families achieve personalized wellness. And I work with local businesses and employees help reduce health care costs by helping employees stay healthy and reduce sick days while reducing and managing risk factors for chronic disease.
Here Are Some Ways We Can Work Together
- Create quick, tasty meals that fit with your lifestyle.
- Show you how to shop the farmers’ market & grocery store.
- Provide ideas on how stock a healthy pantry.
- Empower you to create and reach healthy lifestyle goals.
- Inspire you to move more, eat mindfully & practice stress management techniques that work for you.
- Review supplement options & recommend appropriate choices for best results.
- Give you support & encouragement to make sure that you maintain your positive changes.
- Share ideas how to balance restaurant choices.
Some of My Areas of Expertise
- Digestive Health (IBS & Celiac Disease), including specialized training teaching the Low FODMAP Diet
- Maintaining & Achieving a Healthy Weight
- Food & Mood Relationships
- Prediabetes & Type 2 Diabetes
- Plant-Based Diets including Vegetarian & Vegan
- Healthy Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Control for a Healthy Heart
- Cancer Prevention & Healthy Outcomes in Treatment
- Food Sensitivities, Allergies & Autoimmune Conditions
- Women’s Health including Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Eating to Maintain Healthy Bones
- Sports Nutrition
- Farm-to-Table Eating & Local Food Nutrition
I am a Provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield, which may cover for your visits!
I also offer special packages for those who may not have insurance that covers nutrition visits.
Worksite Wellness, Group Presentations & Culinary Arts Expertise
I partner with local businesses to create corporate wellness programs. Some of these have included Sierra Nevada Brewery, Town of Weaverville, Union Pacific Railroad, Henderson County Wellness Department, Pergo Flooring, Volvo, City of Asheville, City of Wilson, Carolina Forge. As a wellness nutritionist, I have presented hundreds of programs on a variety of health topics for a wide range of audiences. I created a cooking school for hospital employees, cardiac rehab patients and the local community with the Duke University Health System .
I offer wellness packages to employers who want to help employees live longer and more productive lives!
Innovative Nutrition Education & Other Creative Projects
Some exciting programs that I have developed include seasonal cooking classes using local food for the NC Arboretum and children’s cooking classes and training programs for the Appalachian Sustainable Agricultural Project.
Vine Ripe Nutrition Local Food Events
Experience is the best teacher & what better way to learn about food and where it comes from than to be right where the action is! Check out a variety of opportunities for you to build local food connections to improve your health!
Hand Crafted Farm to Table Cooking Classes
Attend a cooking class for a hands-on local food experience. These uniquely created classes run 1 1/2 to 2 hours and include a variety of fresh, local ingredients for an array of tasty eats. While we are cooking , get ready for interesting table conversation about eating local, green, and healthy. Vine Ripe Nutrition hosts several cooking classes each year at some of our favorite locations around Asheville. At the class, you will receive a farm fresh recipe booklet for new, creative ways to bring the foods to your table. Would you like a class for a special event? We can create a special cooking class to meet your group’s needs. Contact us and we can discuss the possibilities.
Food and Nutrition Workshops
Would you like to hear from experts in the field of sustainable agriculture and food and Do you have questions about purchasing food from farmers’ markets or directly from farmers? Need help to make a seasonal shopping list and meal plan? Try a Vine Ripe Nutrition workshop! Available as full or half day, a nutrition seminar designed specifically for your group can also be created. Check the calendar for upcoming workshops.
Local farmer’s market tours
Attend a local tailgate market tour to discover what is growing locally each season. Check the calendar to see which markets I will be touring soon. On the tour, you will see what is in season and have a chance to meet who grows your food!
Local farm tours
Would you like to visit a local farm and meet who grows food where you live? Attend a Vine Ripe hosted farm tour where we will meet at the farm, get introduced to the farmers and discover and what grows on their land. We will have a food tasting and find out where you can purchase their products.
Farm to Table Restaurant Visits
Meet a local chef who brings local food to their restaurant and your table! Learn where the food is sourced and taste the goods.